I got this recipe from The Pampered Chef – 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook
8 oz large uncooked shrimp (21-25 per pound)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon sugar
8 oz orzo pasta
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup clam juice
1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint
1 cup frozen peas (I substitute 1 cup asparagus chopped into pea-size pieces)
1 tbsp butter
1. For shrimp, peel and devein. Add oil to a 10-in skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. As skillet heats, combine salt, pepper and sugar in a small bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat and toss to coat.
2. Arrange shrimp in a single layer over bottom of skillet and cook about 1 minute or until one side is browned and edges are pink. Remove skillet from heat and turn shrimp over; let stand an additional 30 seconds or until centers are opaque and shrimp is cooked through. Remove shrimp from skillet, set aside.
3. This isn’t in the recipe but when I sub asparagus for peas. I usually sauté the asparagus in 1 tsp olive oil for a few minutes until cooked but still slightly crunchy. Then set aside.
4. For orzo, in same skillet, combine orzo, pressed garlic, broth and clam juice. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 10-12 minutes or until orzo is cooked through.
5. As orzo cooks, zest lemon to measure 1 tbsp zest; juice lemon to measure 1 tbsp juice. Thinly slice mint.
6. Remove skillet from heat and stir in peas, butter and lemon juice. Arrange shrimp over orzo; cover and let stand 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with lemon zest and mint before serving.